You probably do not give much thought to the parts of a refrigerator before it stops running, or it comes time to buy a new one. In order to get the most from this kitchen appliance it can be very good to understand how a refrigerator keeps food cool—and Best Boca Raton Appliance Repair is here to help.
Read on to find out everything you will want to know about how refrigerators work, how it cools your food and if it’s time to hire refrigerator repair Boca Raton.
Parts of a Refrigerator
You will not find too many houses that don’t have a refrigerator inside the kitchen. It’s been a must-have household appliance for many years now. A residential refrigerator is able to store your food at the best temperature, in order to stop spoilage and stop bacteria. The cycle of refrigeration works by transferring the heat from the inside of the unit to the outside, relying on the principles of evaporation and condensation.
The standard parts of a refrigerator are below. For questions or service call Best Boca Raton Appliance Repair:
The refrigerator compressor is both a motor and a pump, and it’s necessary for the circulation of refrigerant in the cooling system.
A compressor is an integral piece of a refrigerator. Homeowners should enlist a professional company if the compressor stops working.
The refrigerator condenser is located on the back exterior wall of the appliance and will help to release the heat built-up from within the refrigerator out into the surrounding air.
A refrigerator evaporator is housed on the inside of a refrigerator where absorbs heat contained inside of it, thereby reducing the temperature inside the unit.
Once the evaporator is not working, it’s time to hire a professional. You should not wait until it’s too late.
Liquified refrigerant is carried through a capillary tube that acts as an expansion device to cool the gas inside, thereby turning it into a liquid.
A thermostat will regulate the current temperature in the interior of the refrigerator, engaging a new cooling period as necessary.
A thermostat inside of a refrigerator is very prone to breaking. Troubleshoot and hire a technician in Boca Raton for service right after an issue happens.
How Does Refrigeration Work?
1. Once the temperature in the interior of the refrigerator is above the set point sensors notify the compressor to engage, and the next cool down begins. The refrigerator collects the cool liquid refrigerant, pressurizes and condenses the liquid, and increases the temperature, in order to turn it into a gas.
2. The refrigerator compressor unit directs the hot gas in the direction of the condenser coils on the back of the unit, at which point it comes into contact with the lower temperature in the kitchen and returns to a liquid form.
3. The cooled liquid continues its trip towards the evaporator, pushing through the many coils within the appliance and top freezer.
4. The coolant then absorbs the warm air from within the appliance, lowering the temperature back to the desired final point.
5. The refrigerant then evaporates, and turns back into a gas form, and then returns to the compressor so it can continue the cycle.
Refrigeration is found in a number of applications and large appliances, including heat pumps, air conditioners, refrigerators and residential freezers. By extracting warmth from a single location and relocating it to elsewhere the cycle of refrigeration will help cooling a house, provides a perfect environment for perishable food, and helps with the manufacturing and storage of a number of different common products and materials.
Need Refrigerator Repair?
Does your refrigerator need professional attention? You can schedule service with Best Boca Raton Appliance Repair.
Best Boca Raton Appliance Repair will repair all standard models of refrigerators – includes industrial models, side-by-side and stand-alone.Our technicians in Boca Raton complete training to fix cooling problems, malfunctioning ice makers, condensation issues, puddles and leaks, lighting, digital controls, smart functionality and countless other issues. We know all about refrigerator repair! Schedule now!
OTHER REFRIGERATOR RESOURCES:
- Refrigerator Noisy
- Refrigerator Not Cooling
- Refrigerator Ice Maker Not Working
- Refrigerator Water Dispenser Not Working